After meetings with representatives from the Health Department and the Mayor’s office, and reviewing LBJJC’s operating plan, starting on Monday, July 27, we will began offering adult classes with contact, and socially distanced classes for Youth ages 8-15. We hope to bring back classes for youth ages 4-7 in the next phase of our reopening.
As before, the following guidelines will be in place.
For all students and parents:
1) The front reception area will remain closed. This means that only class participants will be allowed into building. We will broadcast our youth classes online via zoom for parents to watch.
2) We will clean the gym between each class, and unlock the door 5-10 minutes before each class. Because of the extra cleaning, we will operate with our Phase 3 schedule, which you may see below.
3) The dressing rooms will remain closed. Please arrive to class in your uniform, ready to train.
4) We will be checking temperatures at the door. Students with a temperature above 100.0F will not be allowed to participate.
5) Restrooms will be open, but we would like to limit their use as much as possible.
For youth classes:
1) Due to the limited number of grappling dummies, youth classes will be capped at 11 participants per class. To ensure that no one shows up for a class that is full, youth members will be required to "book" their space in class though their student portal before attending. If you have any questions about how to book a class, please contact email@example.com.
2) After entering the building and getting their temperature checked, each student will be assigned a space on the mat to work with a grappling dummy. The student should leave their shoes at the edge of the mat, and bring their water and gear bag to their spot. No beverages except water will be allowed on the mat. Youth classes will run for 45 minutes. At the end of class we will bow out (no handshake), and students will need to leave promptly so that cleaning for the next class can begin.
For adult classes:
1) Adult class size will be limited to 28 participants per class. With this many participants per class, we don’t anticipate that students will need to reserve space in classes beforehand. However, we may re-institute class reservations, if attendance is higher than we expect.
2) Each class will be 60 minutes.
3) We advise that you try to attend the same classes each week, but not required.
4) In each class, students will be assigned one partner to work with (or group of 3 in case of an odd number) for all of the drilling and sparring in that class.
Lincoln Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Center is a martial arts school located in Lincoln Nebraska. We specialize in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu also offer classes in NoGi submission grappling, MMA, Judo and Kickboxing. We are a family friendly school that offers classes for both kids and adults. We offer a free week trial, come try a class today!