Beginning on Monday, July 6th , LBJJC will begin offering adult classes with contact, and socially distanced classes for Youth ages 8-15. We hope to bring back classes for youth ages 4-7 in the next phase of our reopening. While we are very happy to be moving closer to our regular operations, some guidelines will be in place.
For all students and parents:
1) The front reception area will remain closed for our phase 3 reopening. This means that only class participants will be allowed into building. We will broadcast our youth classes online via zoom for parents to watch.
2) We will clean the gym between each class, and unlock the door 5-10 minutes before each class. Because of the extra cleaning, we will operate on a different schedule, which you may see below.
3) The dressing rooms will remain closed for our phase 3 reopening. Please arrive to class in your uniform, ready to train.
4) We will be checking temperatures at the door. Students with whose temperature is above 100.0F will not be allowed to participate.
5) Restrooms will be open, but we would like to limit their use as much as possible.
For youth classes:
1) Due to the limited number of grappling dummies LBJJC has, youth classes will be capped at 11 participants per class. To ensure that no one shows up for a class that is full, youth members will be required to reserve or "book" their space in class though their student portal before attending. If you have any questions about how to book a class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !
2) After entering the building and getting their temperature checked, each student will be assigned a space on the mat to work with a grappling dummy. The student should leave their shoes at the edge of the mat, and bring their water and gear bag to their spot. No beverages except water will be allowed on the mat. Youth classes will run for 45 minutes. At the end of class we will bow out (no handshake), and students will need to leave promptly so that cleaning for the next class can begin.
For adult classes:
1) Adult class size will be limited to 28 participants per class. With this many participants per class, we don’t anticipate that students will need to reserve space in classes beforehand. However, we may re-institute class reservations, if attendance is higher than we expect.
2) We ask that adult students pick one of three ‘blocks’ to attend class-the
-Monday/Wednesday/Friday block (highlighted in green on the schedule),
-Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday block (highlighted red on the schedule),
-MMA block (highlighted orange on the schedule).
3) To whatever extent is possible, please try to attend class at the same time each day.
4) Each class will be 60 minutes.
5) In each class, students will be assigned one partner to work with (or group of 3 in case of an odd number) for all of the drilling and sparring in that class.
The staff at LBJJC wants to thank each and every one of our students for supporting us during this difficult time. We feel so fortunate to have so many wonderful people as members. We ask for your patience as we navigate these difficult times, and hope to see many of you back soon!
Lincoln Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Center is a martial arts school located in Lincoln Nebraska. We specialize in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu also offer classes in NoGi submission grappling, MMA, Judo and Kickboxing. We are a family friendly school that offers classes for both kids and adults. We offer a free week trial, come try a class today!